Monday is over! Yay!
Actually, my Monday wasn’t all that bad. I woke up at 5 a.m. (I know, pick your jaw up off the ground), worked out at the gym, got ready, worked from home, ate breakfast and STILL had time to spare before driving to work. It was the most awesome thing ever. Now, lets see if I can get up early tomorrow. I think I can push it back to 6 a.m. since I don’t have to do any work from home tomorrow.
The rest of my Monday consisted of a busy day at work where lots of items got crossed of my list. My kinda Monday!
Tonight I ate my body weight in chips and salsa while preparing Quinoa Pizza Bites for the rest of the week. Mine don’t look very pretty, but hopefully they’ll taste good! I’ll find out tomorrow. I also shamefully watched The Bachelor. I mean, who wouldn’t. There are at least 75,000 shots of Sean without his shirt on. #worthit
I’m currently trying not to pass out
(because I’m old) from sleepiness, but I told you I’d start telling you about my online dating extravaganzas. Well, I have a couple for you so we’ll see how it goes. Lets just say I’m no longer online dating. 😉
Here are some of the peeps I had the pleasure to meet/talk to:
- The “I’m gonna text/email you constantly and then fall off the face of the Earth” guy. I seriously had about 2,000 of these. Ok, exaggeration. I had about … 5-6 of these.
- The “I’m gonna fall for you way too fast” guy. Lotsa these, too. Some of them were nice though so I have no intention of saying mean things about them.
- The “I only know how to say ‘Your hot’ and spell ‘you’re’ wrong” guy. These guys are EVERYWHERE. Lets just say that’s rewards a no response from me.
- The “I’m going to continue contacting you after you told me you’re not interested” guy. Creeps exist unfortunately!
- And finally, my favorite, the “I’m going to bring you gifts and tell you about my yum-yums” guy. This one is my favorite story ever and one of the biggest reasons I decided online dating is not for me. And, trust me, yum-yums aren’t what you think …
So, as you can see it’s been an interesting journey. I plan on telling you AT LEAST about the presents guy. It’s such an outrageous story. Don’t get me wrong – I have nothing against people that date online. I just don’t think it was the right choice for me at this point in my life. It was a way to feed my impatience to start dating again and while it was fun at first, it actually started forcing my backwards so I think I’ll stick to the old fashioned way of dating known as “guilting my friends into introducing me to people” and “going to the gym”. Just kidding. I’m going to go with the “STOP LOOKING” approach and focus on me. <— That one works the best. 🙂
P.S. I guarantee that my mom is having a heart attack if she’s reading this. Don’t worry, Mom! Gina was always on speed dial if I needed an emergency exit. 🙂