I did it! I worked out for the first time (really) in like, four months or something ridiculous like that. You want to know what I learned?
- My gym is huge and I don’t know where anything is
- I’m am EXTREMELY out of shape
- I don’t remember how to work out
I only worked out for about a half hour, but that’s better than nothing!
Backtracking a little bit – I started my day early with some work from home, got ready (also – weighed myself and I gained weight AGAIN) and commuted my tired little self into work. The amount of sleep I got this weekend was not helpful this Monday morning.
After work, I headed to the gym and worked out (as you see above), drove to the grocery store, drove home and continued to eat everything in my path. I am NOT good at waiting until 7 p.m. to eat.
I really need to stop going to the grocery store hungry. I went in for tomatoes and avocados and came out $35 poorer.
What I got:
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 5 avocados (they were on sale!)
- 3 bananas
- 3 frozen dinners (also on sale)
- Cheese for quesadillas
- Turkey sticks
What I ate today:
(maybe this will help me realize what the hell I’m putting in my body!)
- 8:00 a.m. Kid’s clif bar (or something like that = 2 points
- 8:30 a.m. 5-hour energy drink = 0 points
- 12 p.m. Taco soup (a little over one serving) = 5 points
- 3 p.m. Can of mountain dew = 3 points
- 4 p.m. Fiber one bar = 1 point
- 5:30 p.m. Workout for 30 minutes = +2 points
- 6 p.m. Grazing because I was starving and impatient … (included: couple pieces of bowtie pasta, one turkey stick, one pickle, few bites of soup) = Total of about 3 points
- 7:15 p.m. Full quesadilla with two fiber tortillas (2 points), 1/4 c. cheese (2 points), salsa (o points); salad with lettuce, tomato, 1/2 tbsp. light ranch (1 point); 1.5 c. skim milk (1.5 points) = 6.5 points
- Total Day: 18.5 points (I may have a cookie before bed so that’ll put me at my 21 points)
I just found out that I don’t have to work from home in the a.m. like I had thought (!!) so I’m going to try to head into the gym in the morning. I’m not feeling 100% healthy right now so off to bed soon for rest.
Question for you: What’s your favorite way to workout?
Mine is probably spinning class but I have to have coconut water because I get intense migraines from losing so much water in such a short period of time!